CDL & Hazardous Material Endorsements

Federal regulations require you to bring proof of citizenship or lawful presence to renew your Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Find out more about what documentation will assist in proving citizenship or lawful presence by visiting the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) website.
  1. CDL Written Test
  2. CDL Drive Skills Test
  3. Hazardous Material Endorsement

CDL Written Tests

The Driver's License Office provides CDL written tests on Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Many of the tests are time consuming. Applicants are encouraged to come into the office as early in the day as possible because the Driver's License Office is busiest at the end of the day and there may not be sufficient time to complete the test.

Adding CDL Endorsements to Iowa Driver's Licenses

Hardin County can add the CDL endorsement to your Iowa Driver's License if you've passed the CDL written test and completed a CDL skills drive test at another location. CDL endorsements expire on the expiration date with no 60-day grace period.

CDL Manuals

Copies of the Iowa Commercial Driver's License Manual are available in the Hardin County Treasurer's Office or available on the Iowa DOT website.