Tower Rock Cabin
If you’re looking for a place to get away for the weekend you need to check out the log cabins at Tower Rock Park near Steamboat Rock, Iowa. They come furnished with everything except your groceries, bedding, toiletries, and towels.
There are two cabins situated along the Iowa River - Oak Cabin or Hickory Cabin. These cabins are right next to each other and share parking. Both cabins offer an open living area with kitchen, covered front porch, bedroom, and full bathroom.
There is plenty to do right outside of the cabins. From canoeing, fishing, and hunting to hopping on a bike and checking out the trails.
Location: Located less than a 1/4 mile south of Steamboat Rock on Co Hwy S56, at Tower Rock Park. Hickory Cabin and Oak Cabin are located along the Hardin County Bike Trail, up the hill from the Iowa River.
Amenities: Both cabins feature one-bedroom, full bathroom, open living area with kitchen and dining room table, covered front porch, and deck on back. The cabin sleeps 4 people easily, with a maximum occupancy of 6 people. The bedroom has a queen bed and storage space and the couch in the living area converts to a full bed. The cabin is equipped with a toaster, coffee maker, microwave, stove/oven, refrigerator, pots and pans, utensils, silverware, dishes, heat/air conditioning, and cleaning supplies.
The Hickory Cabin is handicap accessible.
Cooking / eating utensils
Table with chairs
Renter will need to bring:
- Complete bedding with pillows, sheets, blankets and/or sleeping bags (1 queen, 1 full)
- Kitchen and bath linens
- Food and beverage supplies
- Lawn chairs
- Firewood – No firewood outside of Hardin County
Fees: Cabin rentals are regularly $115 per night. $4 non-refundable processing fee will be added to each cabin rental at the time payment.
This facility requires an additional deposit check of $250 (refundable).
The deposit check must be mailed and received at Hardin County Conservation Headquarters prior to reservation arrival date. All or part of the deposit may be retained against cleanup costs, damage, or loss incurred. If the deposit amount does not cover such costs, the renter is held responsible for additional payment. The check will be shredded if the cabin is in satisfactory condition.
Two nights minimum and fourteen-day maximum stay.
Hours of Operation & Seasons:
- The cabins are available for rent year-round.
- Reservations must be at least 3 days prior to stay and may be up to two years in advance.
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is before 11:00 am on the day of departure.
Closures: Any facility closures will be noted.
Rental Rules and Conditions:
- All rules and regulations of the Hardin County Conservation Board are in effect.
- All laws of the State of Iowa are in effect.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited inside the cabin.
- Keg Beer is prohibited.
- Cabin furniture must remain inside the cabin.
- Clean-up of the cabin must be completed prior to check out. See Cabin Cleaning Checklist for cleaning expectations.
- See Cabin Rules & Rental Agreement for a list of all cabin rules.
*Hardin County Conservation is not responsible for renter’s lost, stolen, or missing personal items.