These rules apply to both Hickory Cabin and Oak Cabin at Tower Rock.
Download Cabin Rules and Agreement (PDF)
- Must be 21 years of age to rent the cabin
- Maximum number of occupants is 6- NO EXCEPTIONS
- Maximum length of stay is 14 consecutive nights
- Vehicles must park at designated cabin parking area only
- Park hours are 5:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Visitors must leave the cabins by 10:30 p.m.
- A fire ring and grill is provided outside for cooking
- No cooking with grill, fryer or any device on the deck of the cabin
- Cabin furniture must stay inside the cabin
- The fire ring is for burning wood only- no trash
- Keg beer is prohibited
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- Smoking is prohibited inside the cabin or on the deck of the cabin
- All laws of the State of Iowa are in effect.
- The cabin rental requires an additional cleaning/damage deposit in the amount of $250 which will be put on hold on your credit/debit card until cabin has been inspected for damage and cleaning. If no damages are found and it has been properly cleaned the deposit hold will be released.
- No cleaning of game or fish in the cabin or on the deck
Upon Check Out
Before leaving the cabins, and to be eligible to receive your full security deposit, the following must be completed:
- Clean-up of facility including dishes and coffee pot all before your check-out time. Cleaning check list is posted in cabin to use as a checklist guideline.
- Close and lock windows.
- Clean furniture and appliances with cleaner provided.
- Sweep floors and place all trash in the dumpster provided outside.
- Turn A/C with heater to 60 degrees F.
- Remove/empty garbage containers.
- Shut off all lights.
- Close and lock door-Check to make sure it is locked.
- Please make sure the picnic tables are left as when you arrived.
- If you lose or misplace your key, immediately notify the Park Ranger or Conservation staff member before leaving the park. Lost, stolen, or misplaced keys: or a lost or damages key safe will result in a $50 replacement charge for each of these items.
This is not a comprehensive list. Please download the Cabin Rental and Cleaning Checklist (PDF) for a full list of responsibilities.